How To Wear The Choker Trend
- It’s certainly no secret that the popular 90’s choker trend has made a massive comeback! It’s been spotted all over the red carpet, in all shapes and sizes on celebrities like Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid, Katy Perry and Rihanna and shows no sign of slowing down.
- Some of you may wonder if this trend’s for you or whther you’ll be able to pull it off, which is why we got our lovely bloggers from the Lovebug Club to show you all the different ways you can style this EPIC trend. Truth is, you can really make this trend your own by styling it the way you want. You could keep it simple with a plain black band, or a sleek silver chain, or take it up a notch by adding some lace, studs or crystals.
- Just keep in mind a few basic tips!
- Wider neck lines look better when sporting the choker since it really accentuates those collar bones.
- We absolutely love the off-shoulder and choker combination- A MUST TRY.
- You might want to avoid long and dressy earrings while wearing your choker, it may land up looking over accessorized around the neck and shoulder area. Slimmer earrings or small studs might work better.
- If you dig the goth look, buy a thick black strip of velvet or satin from any fabric shop, cut it to the size of your neck and simply tie it up! Try stringing a chunky pendant to make a statement.
- If you want to get a bit adventurous, try layering your chokers with chains of different lengths, still keeping it very delicate with thin chains and small pendants.
- DIY TIP: Laces, strings and ribbons lying around in the house make for super cute chokers! Experiment with different types of tassels, studs, pendants and beads of your choice. Go on, get creative!
– by Itija Banerjee, Closet Confidential
– by Shikha Mehta, Thekneehighsocks
by Saloni Parekh, The Top Bun
by Sonali Singh, The Style Drug
– by Sonam Khemlani, The Closet Madness